Date: May 28, 2021
Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA, H4M 2Z2
Please note: iBwave is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Corning. As a Fortune 500 leader in advanced glasses and ceramics development for over a century, Corning Inc overcomes challenging engineering problems continually. The Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning Group within the Corning Technology Center, Montreal (CTCM) is a team of scientists, engineers and software developers working on broad-spectrum machine learning and data science solutions to enable some of the most exciting industrial innovations of our time.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
We are looking for a talented and motivated Machine Learning and Analytics Engineer with a specialization in Natural Language Processing. This role will drive innovation in text and speech recognition and natural language modeling to support Corning’s diverse business goals.
SCOPE OF THIS POSITION
- Develop natural language models for a range of application areas spanning R&D, Manufacturing, Finance and Supply Chain Management.
- Work on all aspects of the analytics solution development from building efficient data pipelines to implementing leading-edge inferential methods.
- Deploy scalable solutions for large datasets.
- Develop high-quality code for analytics software solutions, primarily with the Python data-science stack, and using compiled languages such as C/C++/C#/Java when required.
- Work in collaboration with project management to deliver effective and timely solutions. Interact regularly with research groups within Corning.
- Stay abreast of rapid developments in the field of natural language processing, with a constant eye on how these innovations can be applied to our problems.
- Participate in presenting new results and research innovations internally and externally.
- Cultivate and grow ties with academia.
- Mentor new hires and interns.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR – if you have it, let’s talk.
- Strong background in developing effective natural language processing models using traditional and deep-learning approaches. Familiarity with methods including but not limited to: Tokenization, TF-IDF, Word2vec/Doc2vec, Transformers.
- Experience demonstrated through industrial work, academic research projects, compelling open-source project contributions or an impressive Kaggle scoreboard. Deep understanding of concepts of word embedding and modern frameworks for machine learning and deep learning.
- Strong programming background in one or more languages such as Python, C++, C#, Java, Scala.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- At least an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics. Advanced degree is an asset.
- Strong hands-on experience with the Python data science stack (Python core, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, scikit-learn and deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow with Keras, or PyTorch).
- Experience in writing clean and maintainable code is critical. Working as part of a team using source management frameworks such as GIT is a strong asset.
- Familiarity with platforms for doing data science at scale, such as Apache Spark or Dask is an asset.
DESIRED SOFT SKILLS
- Autonomy (Self-starter)
- Detail-oriented and precision
- Team player
SEARCH FIRM REPRESENTATIVES PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
iBwave is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at iBwave via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of iBwave. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by iBwave as a result of the referral or through other means.