WHO WE ARE
We are the industry standard wireless network design software used all over the world. What does that mean? It means, if you are ever indoors and have good cellphone reception, chances are pretty good that network was designed with our software. And what started 18 years ago as a 2-person startup providing software for designing indoor cellular networks has quickly evolved into the 100+ employees company we are today with several software products and mobile apps.
Check out this site about the company to learn more.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE
- You will be learning a new and exciting industry full of challenges and opportunities for innovation.
- You will help the company grow to the next level.
- A fun and dynamic working environment.
- A ‘wear pretty much whatever you want as long as it’s not fishnet’ dress code.
- Foosball tournaments and video games - bring your A game.
- Bagels every Friday and an endless supply of caffeine.
- Regular Social Outings – because we believe in play just as much as hard work.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
We are looking for a Product Owner to work with our engineering and product teams to improve the awesomeness of our applications and services.
To be specific, responsibilities will include:
Lead the product roadmap:
- Lead new key product features definition based on market research, business value, customer feedback and development capacity
- Collaborate with PLM team to define and meet business targets
- Steer feature development prioritization for a positive impactful business outcome
- Participate with development team to daily scrums, planning sessions and demos
- Communicate the Roadmap to the Marketing and Executive Teams
- Manage feature prioritization following our development process in Jira
- Write Release Notes
- Support the commercial and customer support teams
Understanding our Customers:
- Meet / VoCs with customers to understand their requirements to define the roadmap in agreement with the PLM/commercial team
- Participate to RFI / RFQ Responses and Study
- Create / Present Release Demos and Training Videos
- Participate in Webinars
Perform Market Intelligence:
- Interact with various certification alliances (e.g. CBRS Alliance / CWNP)
- Identify distinctive feature competencies against competition
- Understand and target User Personas
- Identify Minimally Viable Product offerings based on development capacity
THE PRODUCT OWNER OF OUR DREAMS
Here is what we are looking for – if you have it, let’s talk.
- Bachelor's Degree in in a scientific field of study
- 5-7 years related experience in a Telecommunications or RF industry
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Expertise in an RF Design Software tool (ideally iBwave Design) is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools (e.g. Jira)
- Experience writing business requirements and defining acceptance criteria
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, English
- Self-motivated and determined to achieve goals
- Creativity, autonomy, team player, organization skills
Please include links to samples of your work or portfolio.
Product Vision and Planning • •
Define product functionalities and prioritize business value • Facilitate internal requirements gathering sessions with various departments. • Gather requirements using established methods such as interviewing, prototyping, diagrams to create effective, well-researched requirements (User stories) with clear acceptance criteria. • Groom the product backlog in collaboration with the team lead • Conduct customer demos of new and upcoming functionality • Gather user feedback (analytics, A/B tests) and define product enhancements • Work closely with other Product Owners to ensure all dependencies and impediments are understood so that new features can be released in a timely fashion • Manage Team Priorities • Attend and actively participate in scrum meetings such as sprint planning, stand-up, demos, and retrospectives • Set team iteration goals and objectives • Validate the implementation of user stories through the acceptance criteria • Day-to-day support of development and QA team members • Day to day monitoring of key metrics • Work with the Scrum Master / Team coordinator to ensure cohesion in the team process
LOCATION: Montreal (Ville St-Laurent), Quebec
TYPE: Permanent, Full time
SEARCH FIRM REPRESENTATIVES PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
iBwave is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at iBwave via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of iBwave. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by iBwave as a result of the referral or through other means.