iBwave is the global leader at innovating and delivering a Solutions Portfolio that simplifies the lifecycle of converged networks and keeps the world connected. As the power behind great in-building & campus outdoor wireless enabling billions of end-users and devices, iBwave is the global industry standard. Our software solutions allow for smarter planning, design, and deployment of any wireless network project regardless of size, complexity, or technology. Along with innovative software, we are recognized for world-class support in 100 countries, providing the industry’s most comprehensive components database and a well-established certification program.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Shape the Next Phase of iBwave’s Growth: Leverage your engineering skills and expand your technical knowledge while exploiting a primed untapped market and lay your fingerprints on a global success story.
- Join a Market Leader and Visionary: with consistent YoY growth, an agile culture awarded top employer status the last two years, and the backing of a Fortune 500.
- Work with the Latest Technologies: that are shaping Indoor and Outdoor Convergence impacting billions of end-users and devices.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for delivering consultative support to sales opportunities that contribute to the acceleration and achievement of the America’s revenue targets; leading special indoor and outdoor design work presented to clients, acting as the bridge between the Sales, Marketing, Product, and R&D teams.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and presenting technical solutions that address clients’ problems and initiatives by applying a consultative approach (on-site or virtual)
- In-building and Outdoor technical expert and advisor to Clients, Sales, Marketing, Training, Product, and R&D teams
- Develop and Deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, and Proof of Concepts while articulating business value for the product portfolio
- Develop re-usable industry-specific assets and demonstrations
- Maintain an understanding of the client’s industry, including industry trends, industry business processes
- Understand client’s business and technical requirements, and competitive landscape
- Pre and post-sales support; including the development of solution proposals, solution deployment
- RFP technical response support
- Problem documentation / re-creation and issue escalation / resolution
- Participating in RF Engineering related activities (product testing, special projects, new features)
- Understanding and documenting customers request for features
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and ability to work autonomously or within a dynamic team
- Strong customer interfacing skills
- Excellent presentation and professional communication skills
- Fluency in English is a MUST, other language skills will be considered a very strong asset
- Ability to clearly communicate solutions to customers
- Ability to manage and prioritize assigned tasks to meet deadlines, highlighting risks
- RF engineering experience (In-building & Outdoor design, DAS, Small Cell, CRAN, Wi-Fi design)
- Experience using iBwave’s software suite: Design, Wi-Fi, FiberPass, Mobile, Unity
- In-depth experience in designing, deploying, and optimizing wireless in-building & outdoor networks (passive and active distribution)
- Knowledge of various equipment and equipment vendors catering to In-Building networks (including Data Collection Tools)
- Understand radio wave propagation theory
- Understand differentiators between CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, EDGE, GPRS, TDMA, iDEN, Wi-Fi, LTE, 5G NR, IoT, and other protocols
- Excellent computer and software skills (Infovista Planet experience a plus)
- Level 1 and Level 2 in iBwave Certification
- CWNP certification is a plus
- Ability to travel is a must (up to 50%)
LOCATION: Home based in the USA – NORTHEAST
TYPE: Full time
SEARCH FIRM REPRESENTATIVES PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
iBwave is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at iBwave via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of iBwave. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by iBwave as a result of the referral or through other means.