Ever wonder how you get cellular reception on your phone while in a building? Or at a venue? Or stadium? iBwave is the powerful 3D software behind great in-building wireless experience and is used by thousands of telecom engineers worldwide to design indoor wireless networks that let billions of end users (like you and me) use our mobile devices indoors. We’re considered the #1 choice of network design software worldwide and are proud of our 18 years history and successful track record.
Every day we come together as a company to deliver innovative and valuable solutions to our customers and the market. We push ourselves and each other to be our best so we can deliver our best. We value our people and believe that at the core of the company’s success are the people who work here (which hopefully one day, includes you).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to work with our engineering and product teams to create high-value and amazing applications and services. Reporting to the Manager, the Senior Software Developer role is the key role within the team to address business requirements, build innovative software solutions, and help transform some of the current applications and platforms.
The role will require a DevOps mindset and practice; developing and deploying new solutions to quickly support clients with new features and fixes.
If you’re a talented programmer that loves working with the latest technology, we want to hear from you!
You will be part of a scrum team of 6-9 people and your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Product Owner, Architect, and functional analysts to review product requirements, study end-to-end solution flow, and break down requirements into functional deliverables
- Work closely with the UX team to develop the best user interface
- Execute end to end software development and deployment in a scrum team
- Participate in the analysis, design, and implementation of new functionalities based on requirements specifications using C#, .NET Core, and .NET Framework
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Participate in code reviews and write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in Software Development
- Strong Object-oriented Programming knowledge and experience
- Strong knowledge of C#, .NET Framework 4.x, and .NET Core
- You are adept at building scalable and modular software; architecting a solid software product you would be proud of
- You are a skilled anchor to any development team, offering your experience and insight to junior developers and the Product Owner to build better products
- You encourage good design and refactoring to minimize technical debt in a collaborative team-based approach
- You ensure that the solution is integrated and tested on a regular basis, via the practice of continuous integration (CI)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Creativity, autonomy, team player, organization skills
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with common software development tools and source control systems (notably Git)
Fields we work in:
- 3D Visualization and CAD
- High performance computing
- Ray tracing
- Web development experience under a cloud environment like Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Fiber Network or RF Design is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge or experience with developing Drafting (CAD) and/or GIS tools is an asset.
- Knowledge of microservice Architecture, Cloud [AWS] hosting, and multithreaded applications is an asset.
LOCATION: Montreal, Quebec
TYPE: Full time
SEARCH FIRM REPRESENTATIVES PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
iBwave is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at iBwave via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of iBwave. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by iBwave as a result of the referral or through other means.