iBwave, the global in-building standard, serves over 700 leading telecommunication firms in over 90 countries worldwide, with innovative indoor wireless solutions. Its leading software suite empowers operators, enterprises, system integrators and OEMs to provide optimum network coverage and capacity inside buildings, where 80 percent of all wireless traffic occurs, while also boosting efficiency and productivity through the in-building project value chain. iBwave also offers quality hands-on training and certification programs, instilling awareness, and proficiency in in-building wireless network design.
Reporting to the CEO the VP of Technology is responsible for the overall S/W product development and IT strategy required to implement the solutions roadmap defined by the organization. The VP of Technology is at the center of our corporate strategy and execution with permanent interaction with the Product Management and Commercial teams to capture and define roadmaps / product requirements, with Marketing for roll outs / go to markets. The S/W development team under the leadership of the VP of Technology has the responsibility to deliver within high timing and Quality standards the defined S/W updates and new product releases. The IT team under the leadership of the VP of Technology is responsible for implementing the required internal and external infrastructures to support the business strategy and deliver Cloud solutions with high degree of security.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Technology organization through the technical implementation of the business Cloud strategy, including responsibility for Developer Productivity, Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Engineering
- Manage the iBwave IT team to ensure both internal service delivery (enterprise systems, security, user support teams) and implementation of the Cloud infrastructure to support overall strategic direction, software commercialization and customer delivery.
- Drive planning and execution for all development and quality assurance activities, working with Product Management to ensure the Product Roadmap's on-time delivery
- Evolve SaaS product in collaboration with the sales/marketing/commercial department, emphasizing the business opportunities provided by public cloud.
- Develop high-reliability, low-latency software services, with emphasis on ensuring reliability with every release
- Deploy the Lean Portfolio Management approach related to product/portfolio development
- Execute Agile development practices, including sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives, and ensures the team is adhering to best practices
- Educate/advocate for the Agile approach within the organization
- Mentor developers to improve skills, efficiencies and ensure high employee engagement
- Assess and integrate 3rd party strategic partnerships and future acquisitions into the overall technology strategy
- Communicate the yearly capacity plan to support business initiatives
- Keep up to date with the latest software technologies
- University Degree in Software Engineering is preferred (MBA is an asset)
- 15+ years related experience within the software development and/or telecommunications industry. Knowledge of wireless networks is a plus.
- Proven ability to develop a Cloud vision and strategy and drive its execution by leading the technical organization through Cloud transformation
- Demonstrated accountability for the delivery of substantial SaaS software offerings in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud using at least some serverless technologies
- Agile-oriented leadership approach with a deep understanding of Agile work methods and tools (Scrum, Kanban, the Atlassian Toolset)
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience in building and leading high-performing engineering teams (applications and infrastructure/platforms), business acumen and goal-oriented approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills at all levels
- English fluency a must (multi-lingual skills is an asset)
- International experience and perspective
- Team player and at ease in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
TYPE: Full time
SEARCH FIRM REPRESENTATIVES PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
iBwave is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at iBwave via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of iBwave. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by iBwave as a result of the referral or through other means.